Last month, I proclaimed my (sort-of) newfound love for chutneys in my curried chili recipe. Chutney has a sweet and rich flavour that can completely change a ho-hum weeknight meal.
This month, I’ve broken out the chutney again for this super-easy recipe. I used a jar of Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney and some onion soup mix.
That was it.
And it was delicious.
I used this sauce to make a mango chutney chicken dish, which we had two ways.
The first, was the traditional veggies and chicken over rice.
And the second…
… was a wrap.
- 1 jar Patak's Mango Chutney
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Olive oil
- Sliced sweet peppers
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium
- Saute the chicken until browned
- Add vegetables and continue sauteeing until onions are translucent and peppers are tender-crip
- In a separate pot, combine the chutney and the onion soup mix and bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Pour the chutney over the chicken and vegetables and stir
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes and then serve on rice or as part of a wrap
I am part of the Patak’s Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.