1. March 31, 2014
    Kara

I really love these!!
    Kara recently posted…Crochet Chicken Pattern … Little Chick Bean Bag PatternMy Profile

• April 2, 2014

Thank you so much, Kara!

2. March 31, 2014
    Lauren @ The Thinking Closet

These. Are. Adorable. Might need to warm up the Silhouette Cameo right now. Oh, and chop down a small tree. Totally worth it, though! 😉
    Lauren @ The Thinking Closet recently posted…Reader Showcase: A Look Back at Winter 2014My Profile

• April 2, 2014

Yes, the tree won’t mind giving up a limb or two… it’s in the name of beautiful magnets! 🙂

• November 22, 2016
      beth

how thick are the magnets.

3. April 1, 2014
    Krista @ the happy housie

LOVE them Tara!! I made some magnets too but yours are super stunning with the shapes- and what perfect shapes! You really did them proud, those little wood slices. Another reason I need a silhouette! (But good news, I see they ship to Canada now- I am just waiting for a sale…)
    Krista @ the happy housie recently posted…Our New Dining Room Rug {and a Mohawk Rug Giveaway!}My Profile

• April 2, 2014

I’m so glad that you like them, Krista! And thank you so very much for being such a generous friend and sending the wood slices my way. Yes, you definitely need a Silhouette. Your life will change, lady!

4. April 1, 2014
    Kenz, Interiors By Kenz

These are perfect. I need to decorate my fridge with such awesome magnets. When are you finally going to open an Etsy store and sell all this good stuff?!
    Kenz, Interiors By Kenz recently posted…Photo Project: Three MonthsMy Profile

• April 2, 2014

That comment made me smile so hard, Kenz. I don’t know if I’m quite Etsy-ready… but what a compliment, lady!

5. April 1, 2014
    Angie@Echoes of Laughter

Love them Tara! The shapes you used on the slices are adorable and I think that they would make a great hostess gift or birthday gift for girlfriends! Hope your week is going great so far! Angie xo
    Angie@Echoes of Laughter recently posted…Make Flower Lollipops for SpringMy Profile

• April 2, 2014

I was thinking about how they would look all boxed up nicely and presented as a hostess gift. Maybe I’ll do that for a later project? Thanks a bunch, Angie!

6. April 1, 2014
    Melanie

These are so cute!
    Melanie recently posted…Framed Candy KeeperMy Profile

• April 2, 2014

Awww… thanks, Melanie! I think so, too!

7. April 2, 2014
    amy @ one artsy mama

These are so adorable! Loving the rustic look…pinned!
    amy @ one artsy mama recently posted…DIY Lips NecklaceMy Profile

• April 2, 2014

Thank you for the pin, Amy! I’m glad you like them!

8. April 2, 2014
    Merry120

They are gorgeous!

• April 2, 2014

Thank you, Merry! 🙂

9. April 2, 2014
    Amy ~ Love On Sunday

I love these, Tara! Really loving the rustic wood !

• April 2, 2014

Thank you, Amy! I love the wood look, too! I’m thinking of all sorts of things that these wood slices could be!

10. April 2, 2014
    Shauna

Love! Your graphics are great! You know I’m a big fan of wood slices (hence all the projects I did at Christmas time)!
    Shauna recently posted…10 Easy Ways to Go Green at HomeMy Profile

• April 4, 2014

Wood slice projects are sooo lovely, don’t you think? I’m a bit of a trend-hopper, and I love the woodland creature “thing” that’s happening right now. I almost want to put a llama on a wood slice! 😉

11. April 3, 2014
    Jen @ RamblingRenovators

Those are adorable. I love the texture against the magnet board. You could even use bigger slices and make coasters.
    Jen @ RamblingRenovators recently posted…DIY Large Floating Art in Shadowbox FrameMy Profile

• April 4, 2014

I love the coaster idea, Jen. I’m thinking that a couple of coats of lacquer would make them even more fabulous!?!?

12. April 3, 2014
    Sky

SO very cute! The antlers and the wood- just really a fun combo! You’re right- a fun hostess gift for sure 🙂
    Sky recently posted…Inspiring Creativity Link PartyMy Profile

• April 4, 2014

Thanks, Sky! I had to put a deer fella on there…. it just seemed too perfect!

13. April 5, 2014
    Dani @ lifeovereasy

Those are so cute Tara! Adorable actually! No shortage of branches here, I’ll have to try and convince the hubby to saw some up.
    Dani @ lifeovereasy recently posted…Free Money! Free Money!My Profile

14. July 8, 2015
    Mumbling Mel

Oh wow these are so stinking cute! My husband would love these! These would be a perfect wedding shower thank you gift for a outdoor wedding! I sure wish I would have seen this 10 years ago! I might have to do this for some Christmas gifts this year!Very creative!

• July 14, 2015

Oh, I love these as Christmas gifts! Great idea, Mel!

15. July 10, 2015
    Jerri

I love these. I’ve been shopping around for wood pieces to craft with myself.

I’d love for you to link up with us for Friday Favorites!
    Jerri recently posted…Friday Favorites – Week 276 – with Ice Cream RecipesMy Profile

16. July 10, 2015
    Sarah R.

Very nice- they turned out beautifully! And they make me think of autumn, which I am SOOOOO looking forward to. 🙂 Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday- hope to see you again tomorrow!

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)
    Sarah R. recently posted…Vintage Hot Pad Coin Purse / Card WalletMy Profile

17. July 11, 2015
    Tanya

I love making magnets. I never thought to use wood slices! Thanks for sharing it on Small Victories Sunday Link Up!

18. July 13, 2015
    Cathy

These are simply adorable – love the shapes you used. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy
    Cathy recently posted…DIY Monogram Wall Art and A Blog HopMy Profile

• July 14, 2015

Thanks so much, Cathy! 🙂

19. July 14, 2015
    Jennifer Dawn

These are so cute! I love wood slice crafts!

20. November 26, 2015
    Jess

How did you cut out the shapes on the vinyl, is there a good trick to use? I really want to try this for Christmas gifts
    Jess recently posted…Pumpkin TiramisuMy Profile

21. January 5, 2016
    Kaly

These are great! I want to do Christmas nativity shapes on each one. I’m just wondering how well the vinyl has stood up on the wood. Did you sand them down and make them smooth first? Thanks!

• January 5, 2016

Hi Katy!

I didn’t sand these, as they were already pretty smooth, but that would be a good tip!

The vinyl has stayed on since that tutorial. I use Oracal outdoor vinyl though, so be sure to get stuff with serious adhesive!

• January 6, 2016
        Kaly

Thanks for the reply! Outdoor vinyl is a great tip. I’m already planning some Christmas-in-June projects for a ladies craft group we have and these would be great!

22. June 16, 2016
    Katherine

Just wondering what magnets you used on the back. I like using the disc magnets, but they’re thick, so the wood would stand out away from the metal. I like how yours sit close. So, what magnets did you use? 😉

23. October 10, 2016
    Carly

Do you have a curio or cameo? Recommendation?

• October 24, 2016

Hi Carly,

I have a Cameo and it’s been very good to me over the years. I would definitely recommend it.