So, this week, I was honored by a fellow blogger with a Liebster Award nomination.
The Liebster Award is an award that is shared among newbie bloggers. The rules: bloggers must be either writers who have less than six months of blogging under their belt, or have less than 200 followers. Considering I have about two months of blogging history, I am more than qualified for this award.
Megin, of VMG 206 Designs nominated me for an award, and I’m thrilled to receive it. Her blog focuses on her paper craft, stamping, and her card designs. Pop over for a visit, and see some of the great stuff she’s been working on!
As a Liebster recipient, I answer questions posed by Megin as well as share a few things my audience should (and maybe doesn’t) know about me.
Okay, here goes: 5 things to know about me:
- I kind of want a mini-van. But Hubby doesn’t. So we don’t have one.
- I cut my own kids’ hair. That’s probably more of a confession than a fact. Don’t look too closely.
- I don’t drink coffee, but I will have the Starbucks calorie-laden concoctions quite willingly.
- My favourite book of all time is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. But my favourite book as an adult has got to be Dress Your Family in Courduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. It is so funny and awesome.
- I have large feet. I am (im)patiently waiting for the day when a size 11 is a normal occurrence at a shoe shop. At least my boat feet mean that I’m fairly steady on my feet.
Those who are chosen for an award are supposed to nominate other bloggers to receive the award. Trouble is, I’m so new on the blogging scene, I don’t know many bloggers who are also new.
Based on what I know and what I’ve read, I want to nominate:
Kimberly from Dibble Dabbles
Bethany from Whistle and Ivy
Callista from A is for Apple, B is for Ball, and C is for Cocktail!
Callista is a dear friend of mine who launched her blog at about the same I came onto the scene. She recently hosted an art party for her daughter that was incredibly creative.
Check these ladies out and see what the fuss it about!
To the girls, your questions:
1. How did you choose the name for your blog?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. McDonald’s: yes or yuck?
4. What is the one fall-back meal you make for company? (and if it’s any good, can I have the recipe?)
5. Favourite book of all time?
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful support in these past couple of months. I’m slowly getting the hang of this blogging thing… though there still seems to be a tonne yet to know and even more people to connect with. It’s a big “blogosphere” out there!