Thank you, Mom Central Canada and Blue Dragon, for adding even more flavour to Salad Love!
Salad love is back!
This week, I’m sharing a salad that the Mr. Suburbles in your life are going to be thrilled with.
Yep. Carnivores can be omnivores now.
Chinese New Year is just around the corner – year of the Horse, peeps! – and it’s a great reason to put a little bit of flair on your plate.
And keeping with Blue Dragon’s “East Made Easy” theme, you can get a lot of taste in a short amount of time.
Blue Dragon has a bunch of great Stir Fry sauces that pair well with the meat food group. I chose to the Honey Teriyaki stir fry sauce with my steak. I thought it would pair nicely with this Asian Dressing.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mix all of the ingredients together (whisking helps to break up the honey)
- Drizzle onto salad and enjoy!
- 1 lb of sirloin, cut into strips
- 1 pkg Blue Dragon Honey Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 red pepper
- Asian Dressing (recipe in this post)
- Cut vegetables into matchsticks (or use mandolin to julienne them - so much easier!) and put aside
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat
- Saute steak slices until just cooked (be careful -it's easy to overcook them)
- Toss in Stir Fry Sauce and put aside
- Drizzle Asian Dressing over the slaw and toss until coated
- Plate slaw on plate and top with steak
- Garnish with cilantro and serve
You can serve this with the steak hot or cold. The slaw with the sweet, gingery dressing is a fresh way to have a salad.
So, what say you about meat on your salads? It’s a great way to turn a salad into a main.
And don’t forget the cilantro. Cilantro MAKES it!
Disclosure: I am part of the Blue Dragon Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.