“If you like Pina Coladas…” but you don’t like rum, then come sit by me. I’m making blender drinks, and you’re going to want one of these babies.
I love coconut. LOVE it. I also really like pineapple, too. So it makes sense that I love me a Chi-Chi. (And if you’re wondering what a Chi-Chi is, it’s really just a Pina Colada with vodka instead of rum. You’re welcome, rum-fearers. You now have a new favourite drink.)
This version of a Chi-Chi is a little different, too. Instead of adding a simple syrup, this recipe relies on fresh pineapple for its sweetness.
- 5 tbsp coconut cream (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
- 4 tbsp crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice (optional)
- 2 cups ice
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- Mix all of the ingredients into blender until smooth
- Pour into a fancy drink glass
- Banana can also be used as a sweetener (this will also make the drink a little bit smoother, but there will be a slight banana taste!)
It looks so refreshing (and it was – this mama doesn’t let things go to waste!) and I know that this will be a go-to recipe for the summer. When I know that this recipe doesn’t involve table sugar and include fresh fruit, I’m all over it like a dirty shirt.
Oooh.. “A Dirty Shirt”… that sounds like it would be a good drink, too!
Don’t Miss Another Fab Drink Recipe on Suburble! Follow Along Below!