In blog-land, there is an endless array of gorgeous centerpieces for summertime parties. Pinterest is full of beautiful table eye-candy.
But let me ask you this: what beats a spread of delicious food in the middle of a table?
I love to have good nibbles on hand whenever we have people over. And I’m a sucker for anything with avocado.
If you’re Mr. Suburble, you might call them “guacamoles” – because your brain works like that.
While I love traditional guacamole, I wanted to try something with a little kick. Rather than add salsa or peppers, I wanted to add the taste of curry. It worked out so well!
I used Patak’s Vindaloo Curry paste – it’s a hotter curry, so it gives you great bang for your buck.
- 2 avocados, peels and pits removed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Patak's Vindaloo Curry Paste
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the curry paste in a saucepan for a few minutes to fully release the flavours; put aside to cool
- Mash (or blend) avocado with all ingredients except for tomato until desired consistency is reached
- Stir in chopped tomato
- Serve with tortilla chips or chopped vegetables
- Taste the guacamole after you've added the tsp of curry paste - if you desire a hotter guacamole, increase the paste by 1/2 tsp and blend.
I think that this spicy dip would also be great on burgers or hot dogs. Or even chicken! I love a little kick to my dips, and anything with avocado is a friend of mine.
If wishes were avocado trees, I’d have one in my backyard. A rain-loving avocado tree that ran away from California to find itself.
Probably not going to happen.
But until that day: we snack!
Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own. #PataksMom