You may have noticed that I’m on a pasta salad kick.
Honestly, pasta salad is where it’s at. It’s a perfect side for anything you’ve thrown on the grill, as it’s such a cool and fresh dish. And when it’s got a bit of zing, then I’m even happier.
I feel like pasta salad makes for the best leftovers… right out of the fridge… still in the bowl…
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
The secret to this salad is the dressing. It’s soooo good.
And you know that I’ll put cilantro on anything that isn’t moving.
So I did.
- 1/2 pkg of Blue Dragon Rice Noodles
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1 bag of peas, washed and each chopped in half
- Cilantro to garnish
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 1/2 cup Blue Dragon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Cook noodles according to directions, rinse under cool water and set aside
- Mix vegetables together in a bowl and put aside
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl or cruet, drizzle over vegetables
- Because rice noodles like to stick together, plate the salad with the noodles as the base, then put a generous helping of the dressed vegetables on top
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro
Rice noodles are perfect in this salad, but they are a teensy bit awkward to toss. This is why I plated it with the noodles as a base, then added the dressed noodles. I love the way it looks… especially with the sesame seeds and cilantro as a garnish.
You can also use fettuccine noodles, if you want your salad to be a more traditional pasta salad.
But try the rice noodles… they’re so nice and light for a summer dinner.
Hungry for more?
Disclosure:I am part of the Blue Dragon Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.