Last month, I proclaimed my (sort-of) newfound love for chutneys in my curried chili recipe. Chutney has a sweet and rich flavour that can completely change a ho-hum weeknight meal.
This month, I’ve broken out the chutney again for this super-easy recipe. I used a jar of Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney and some onion soup mix.
That was it.
And it was delicious.
I used this sauce to make a mango chutney chicken dish, which we had two ways.
The first, was the traditional veggies and chicken over rice.
And the second…
… was a wrap.
- 1 jar Patak's Mango Chutney
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Olive oil
- Sliced sweet peppers
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium
- Saute the chicken until browned
- Add vegetables and continue sauteeing until onions are translucent and peppers are tender-crip
- In a separate pot, combine the chutney and the onion soup mix and bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Pour the chutney over the chicken and vegetables and stir
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes and then serve on rice or as part of a wrap
This meal was ridiculously simple and will be on the “twenty minutes ’til dinner” list from now on. If you love a bit of sweet and savoury in your meals, try a jar of mango chutney on your next dish!
Get more Patak’s recipes on their blog, Good Korma, or on Facebook or Twitter.
I am part of the Patak’s Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Lisa @ Fun Money Mom
This looks so good! I’m definitely saving this recipe to try out soon! Thanks so much for sharing at Share The Wealth Sunday!!!
This looks delicious, I love mango chutney! Will definitely be trying this out!
Shelley @ Calypso in the Country
I am such a huge mango fan – gotta try this! Visiting from Chic on a Shoestring. Have a great weekend!
Kristen from The Road to Domestication
Ooo, what a great combination of flavors! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again on Friday!
Hi Tara! Just wondering if you used water to make the onion soup mix or just added the powder to the chutney? Thank you! 🙂