1. September 19, 2013
    Bronwyn MayB

I love it! The girls look like they had a great time.

• September 19, 2013

Thanks so much, Bronwyn! Making ice cream is a HUGE treat in this house! 🙂

2. September 19, 2013
    amy @ one artsy mama

Oh. my. goodness. I can’t decide if it’s cuter than it is yummy or vice versa!!! Aaaah! Pumpkiny fabulousness!

• September 19, 2013

Thank you so much, Amy! I loved making his little face, but it was nice to have a big bowl of pumpkin pie ice cream and ginger snaps. It suddenly felt like autumn!

3. September 19, 2013
    Kenz @ Interiors by Kenz

NOMS! That looks amazing. I need it in my tummy. Minus the cinnamon, because of death… but that can be left out 🙂

• September 19, 2013

Oh no… you’re allergic to cinnamon? Yikes. Well, I’m sure that we could leave that out! 🙂

4. September 19, 2013
    Carlee

This looks so delicious, I can’t wait to try it out!

• September 19, 2013

Thank you so much, Carlee! Your pumpkin recipe is also gorgeous! I’m definitely going to bake it this fall!

5. September 19, 2013
    Kirsten @ One Tough Mother

You have the cutest little helpers 😉 This sounds delicious! I would never have thought pumpkin flavored ice cream would be tasty but I have to say, I think I might actually like this!

• September 19, 2013

Yes, my helpers are very eager to get their hands dirty (literally, of course). I was a bit nervous about making this recipe, but it turned out heavenly! I was surprised when the kids gobbled it up!

6. September 19, 2013

Wow not only is this recipe YUMMY but you’ve made your pumpkins so darn cute! 🙂

• September 19, 2013

Awww… thanks, Marilyn. There’s just so much fun to be had when you’re playing with your food! 😉

7. September 19, 2013
    Bethany

All I can say is YUM!

• September 20, 2013

Oh, it IS yum, Bethany! I was so happy with how it turned out!

8. September 19, 2013
    Amy of while wearing heels

That looks delicious. I would totally want mine to look like a jack o lantern.

• September 20, 2013

Oh, I would too. The gingersnaps can be for the “real” grown-ups! 😉

9. September 19, 2013
    Krista @ the happy housie

Um, did you just say pumpkin pie ice cream? Um. YUM! Not much of a dessert afficianado (spelling??) but I will pin for future hopefully making-it-one-day reference. Awesome idea.

• September 20, 2013

You and my hubby are in the same boat – he doesn’t love sweets (and I do!) – this is definitely not an over-the-top dessert. It would be perfect for someone who just wanted a little treat after dinner! 🙂

10. September 19, 2013
    Lauren @ The Thinking Closet

You are totally a rockstar in my book for making your own ice cream because…well…ice cream is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. And I can’t get over the cuteness of the jack-o-lantern face you added to your ‘scream. I’d be giggling along with your daughters when the face got melty because I’m a child inside. But I get the sense you are, too, Tara…and that’s reason #295 why I love ya!

Pinned this!

• September 20, 2013

Oh, I’m half-child, half-bossy boots. But yes, the jack-o-lanterns (and the ice cream making) were a huge hit in our house. Homemade ice cream tastes SOOOO good. If you love it, you should consider an ice cream maker. They’re not that expensive, and it’s only 20 minutes of churning. I was so surprised at how easy it was!

11. September 20, 2013
    ChiWei

Yeah ice cream! I’m not usually a fan of the pumpkin spice, but really, anything in ice cream form is bound to be delicious. Knowing my son, I’d put that face on it and he’d eat one eye at a time and make jokes about how he’s eating 1 eye at a time!

• September 20, 2013

Oh, if not for you, you have to make a pumpkin for your kiddo! What about Tiger Stripe ice cream? That would also make an awesome pumpkin face!

12. September 23, 2013

Cute and yummy! I love pumpkin everything!!

• September 23, 2013

Me too! I’m a big pumpkin fan (unless it’s just straight up pumpkin, cooked like squash. Blech!)

13. September 30, 2013
    Lindsay Faber

Yum yum yum…yum. This makes me want to buy an ice cream maker!