1. August 7, 2015
    Michelle Mortensen

Wow! It looks great! It seems like it was a lot of work and you were brave to take it on. Great job!
    Best,
    Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com
    Michelle Mortensen recently posted…CURRENTLY: August 2015My Profile

• August 7, 2015

It was actually much less work than I thought. Granted, I had the hubby’s biceps do the digging! 🙂

Thank you so much for the compliments, Michelle!

2. August 7, 2015
    Theresa @DearCreatives

I wish we weren’t having a drought here. I love how green your yard looks & such a cool water feature.
    Theresa @DearCreatives recently posted…Blogging Linky Party: Inspiration Spotlight #Linkup 156My Profile

• August 7, 2015

A really great thing about this water feature is that it recycles the water, thus, it is permitted in certain levels of water restrictions.

I hear you on a lack of rain though… we’ve been pretty sparse this year too!

3. August 9, 2015
    Rachel Shoemaker

I love it!

• August 12, 2015

Thank you so much, Rachel!

4. August 10, 2015
    Michelle @ The Painted Hinge

Now that is neat! And it’s unique because you put it all together yourself instead buying a premade one. Inspires me to get on the water fountain and pond I have planned for my yard. Great job! Stopping by from A Round Tuit link party.

• August 12, 2015

I love it so much because it is a one-of-a-kind – the natural rock makes it unique!

You will probably be surprised at how easily and quickly it all comes together!

5. August 12, 2015
    Joy

This is gorgeous … I wish we had thought of multiple columns when we had our water feature put in.
    We have a beautiful single basalt column surrounded by rocks and then a pattern of larger stones on top of black mulch. We love the sound of water splashing in the garden and so do the little creatures here .. birds to chipmunks.
    We have a battery operated fountain in the corner for another feature area and that is great too.
    You saved a boat load of money doing it yourselves though … we had to hire a pro for the basalt feature $$$ !
    Great step by step guide on how it was done !
    Joy

• August 12, 2015

Thank you so much, Joy. We originally considered one single gurgler, but the three together really makes an impact. Yours sounds lovely though. Do you have a picture?

I’ve never heard of a battery operated fountain – does it last a while?

We were originally daunted by the project, but after having done it ourselves, I can say that it’s actually a pretty simple project to do! You just need a pair of strong arms! 🙂

6. August 12, 2015
    MJ

Wow. Just Wow!!!!!

• August 12, 2015

Aww… thank you, MJ. 🙂

7. August 12, 2015
    Brenda

love the project, you did a wonderful job ! Could you tell me where you got the basin from & how big it was, just trying to figure out if this would work in my space.
    many thanks

• August 12, 2015

We got the basin from Northwest Landscape and Stone Supply – it’s a Atlantic ProSeries Fountain Basin and is 46″ wide and 13″ high. This is for three basalt columns – I believe that you can get away with a smaller basin if you do a single column. Let me know if you have any other questions – I’d be happy to help!

8. August 12, 2015
    Jack

How did you get the holes for the piping and where did you get the reservoir?

• August 12, 2015

Hi Jack,

We bought the gurglers pre-drilled – they’re called “gurglers” in the yard, as opposed to “columns” (undrilled basalt).

The basin is an Atlantic Pro-Series Fountain Basin – Model FB4600. We got it at Northwest Landscape and Stone Supply at the same time that we picked up the pump and the basalt gurglers.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I’d be happy to help!

9. August 12, 2015
    Susan the Farm Quilter

Love the look of your yard now! The gurglers are wonderful!!! Do you need to add water often?
    Susan the Farm Quilter recently posted…A Lovely Year of Finishes – August 2015 EditionMy Profile

• August 12, 2015

Thank you so much, Susan! Every couple of weeks – in the summer – we top it up. I think it would be far less often during the rainy months.

10. August 13, 2015
    Rebecca

Thanks so much for showing how to make a rock fountain. I’ve been wanting to make one in our backyard, but I had no idea it was so simple. Now I can move that project up higher on the list. Thanks!

11. August 13, 2015
    Carole West @ Garden Up Green

Great project, I love water features they’re so calming.
    Carole West @ Garden Up Green recently posted…Box Build with Pine FencingMy Profile

12. August 14, 2015
    Karren Haller

Your little backyard is coming along, from the little playhouse to the inviting sounds of the water feature. You guys are awesome landscapers!!

I would take a margarita now, please!!

Thanks for linking up on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features this week.
    I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Karren

13. August 15, 2015
    Bernice

Love your yard. You did an amazing job. I will have to go to Burnco to check out the gurgle if they have them. Thank for sharing. Bernice

14. February 15, 2016
    Mark Carvalho

Looks fantastic. Did you use concrete on the columns to keep them from moving?

• February 15, 2016

We were told that the weight of the stones themselves should keep them in place. We didn’t use concrete, but after a little while, we realized that we should probably bolt them together should any wild kiddos try to climb them (you never know). So, my hubby did that with a friend. If you want more info on that, I can get more detailed instructions from him.
      Tara recently posted…Curried Chocolate SauceMy Profile

15. April 5, 2016
    Cathy Warriner

Wow great job! Just curious if you don’the mind sharing a proximate how much was the completed project?

16. April 28, 2016
    Sarah Anderson

This water feature is really awesome looking! It really adds to your landscape, increasing it’s beauty. I have not seen a water fountain quite like it before, where they just look like solid rocks with a hole drilled right on through. It would be fun to have something similar.

• May 9, 2016

I love the look of a natural water feature – I think that they can blend into so many situations effortlessly.

17. May 23, 2016
    Flowmeterflowsensor

Great share,,,
    Your project seems to be very interesting. It will also help in increasing the beauty.

Keep sharing!!!

18. August 21, 2016
    R Snyder

I love the idea of a “pondless” water feature, and was wondering what do you do with the feature in general and the pump in particular in the winter months. We can have below zero temps, and below freezing for weeks. With our previous pond, we took the pump out and stored it in a bucket of water inside for the winter. That does not seem possible with yours without deconstructing the entire project. Thanks so much for your help!

• August 30, 2016

Hi there! Well thankfully, with the little “hatch” that we have buried just under our stones, the pump is completely accessible and removable at all times. Our temperatures don’t get THAT cold, but we do get below freezing. Last winter, we used the pump to pump out as much water as we could from the feature, and then stored the pump indoors during the cold season. Then, when Spring came, we started it all back up again! Let me know if you have any other questions! I’d be happy to help!

19. August 31, 2016
    feet

When I initially commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment
    is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment.

Is there a means you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!
    feet recently posted…feetMy Profile

20. September 1, 2016
    Joan

Love the water feature!! Would you share the height of the gurglers you used for this project, they are in good proportion to each other. Since I may be ordering items on-line the more details, the better. Thank you

21. January 11, 2017
    Pond Sealer

Installing a water feature is easy than to keep it maintains and now in the presence of Pondpro2000 it becomes easier.

22. May 21, 2017
    Ben

Where did you get the LED lights that fit on the hose ends?