This is what I had for lunch today. And it only took me 15 minutes to make.
I am a big fan of using the barbecue throughout the summer. The house doesn’t heat up, and everything cooks so flipping quickly that you don’t have to wait long for a meal to come together.
This meal was created with the help of Patak’s Tandoori curry paste. I added it to yogurt, slathered it on chicken breast, and bam!
The meal was already half done!
Taking pictures of a barbecue grill is never as fabulous as you imagine it in your head. But see those grill marks?
Yeah, baby. Those make me feel better.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Patak's Tandoori Curry Paste
- 2-3 tbsp of plain yogurt
- Romaine lettuce - washed and chopped
- Feta cheese
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat the grill to medium heat (about 400 degrees for me)
- Mix tandoori paste and yogurt in a bowl until desired spice level is reached (taste it!)
- Grill the chicken breast, basting with the tandoori sauce, until chicken is cooked all the way through
- Toss lettuce, strawberries and feta together and heap onto plate
- Slice cooked chicken and place on top of salad
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic to taste
I gobbled this salad up quickly. The spice of the tandoori coupled with the sweetness of the strawberries was delicious.
I’m going through a balsamic phase (ask my husband, he’s sick to death of me talking about it), so I figured just a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic would finish this salad off.
If you want to whip up a quick dinner salad (or a lunch), heat up the grill and grab a jar of tandoori curry. You’ll be sitting on the patio and eating your salad in no time.
I am part of the Patak’s Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.