1. November 7, 2013

So pretty, I really do love metallics for Christmas. BTW we don’t have Halloween or Thanksgiving here so Christmas has been in the stores since September…yeah the little ones think it’s never coming!!!
    Mel recently posted…DIY Iphone CostumeMy Profile

• November 7, 2013

Since SEPTEMBER!?!?! Oh no.. Mel, are you already done your Xmas shopping? Four months of Christmas would cause me to go right over the top!

2. November 7, 2013
    Kenz @ Interiors by Kenz

CUTE! I love it. They look so rich. Also, I NEED people to be talking about Christmas now. Since this little child could come any time in December, we MUST have everything “Christmas” ready by US Thanksgiving.
    Kenz @ Interiors by Kenz recently posted…Mistakes: Knocking Off a Pottery Barn Mia Faceted-Crystal PendantMy Profile

• November 7, 2013

Oh, you do need to hop to it, girl! Amazon.com is basically the answer to all Xmas conundrums. And you’re going to have such a lovely holiday with your wee girl. What a lovely Christmas present! πŸ™‚

3. November 7, 2013
    Shauna @ Satori Design for Living

Lovely ornaments! Seem simple enough to make (now that you’ve ironed out the kinks for us!).
    Shauna @ Satori Design for Living recently posted…Office Makeover {One Room Challenge Finale}My Profile

• November 7, 2013

Oh, they’re so simple, once you realize that you can’t just slap on any old paint that you have lying around.

Sigh.

Read the back of the label first. I should know that by now!

4. November 7, 2013
    Lindsay Faber

Love these. You know I am a gold addict for Christmas…might just have to make some new ornaments!
    Lindsay Faber recently posted…Protected: Quin FamilyMy Profile

• November 7, 2013

You just might! You can borrow my egg carton if you need it! πŸ™‚

5. November 7, 2013
    Dani @ lifeovereasy

Love these! I think my fav might be the white one, and it’s simpler too. I have a feeling I am totally going to be in a gold mood this Christmas.
    Dani @ lifeovereasy recently posted…Happy DanceMy Profile

• November 7, 2013

Oh, if you love gold, come hang out with me. I’m a shameless addict.

And I’m making so many more gold ornaments this year. I’ll probably be sick of it by Christmas.

(Well… probably not!)

6. November 7, 2013
    Inspire Me Heather

They look soooo beautiful!!!
    Inspire Me Heather recently posted…how to – maintain wood cutting boardsMy Profile

• November 9, 2013

Oh thank you, Heather!

7. November 7, 2013
    Tanya@TakeSix

They are just sweet! I love them. Yes, I am very much a traditionalist! In more than just Christmas decorating too! πŸ˜‰
    Tanya@TakeSix recently posted…Service Project: Cookie Bombs!My Profile

• November 9, 2013

I am half-traditional, half-whatever-strikes-my-fancy. So, you like the green, red, and white of Christmas? I just can’t help but love a bit of colour. I wonder exactly how far I’ll go this year, though. I’m loving gold far too much!

Thank you for the compliments. I love how these turned out, too!

8. November 8, 2013

Oooh pretty! I think I like the white and gold one the best! Christmas at my house has been down-sized and simplified for many years now. I mostly use silver, white and clear (glass or acrylic) in my decor. Probably because I am missing the Montana snow so much. We almost never get a white Christmas here.
    Danni@SiloHillFarm recently posted…ARTISAN BREAD…EASIEST EVER! (no lie)My Profile

• November 9, 2013

Oh, we almost never have a white Christmas either. It’s usually green and soaking wet. (Do we have similar seasons?)

I love the very simplified and white decor that you describe. It almost sounds Scandinavian. I can’t wait to see pictures!

9. November 8, 2013
    Vanessa

Lovely idea! Looks so expensive πŸ˜‰

• November 9, 2013

Oh, thank you, Vanessa. I love to hear that things look pricey, when really, they weren’t! πŸ™‚

10. November 8, 2013
    Sharon

Wow, the ornaments look so pretty. I love the added glitz and glamour!
    Sharon recently posted…cheap wireless plan for the holidaysMy Profile

• November 9, 2013

Thank you so much, Sharon! Christmas is so much better with a bit of glitz, don’t you agree!?!?

11. November 8, 2013
    Krista

I’m thinking the Remembrance Day weekend is going to involve a lot of Christmas crafting for me, and there might even be a little gold thrown in too. I love your ornaments – cute idea to stripe /dip them like that. Pinning.
    Krista recently posted…Faux Mantel Cabinet from an Old China Hutch using DIY Chalk PaintMy Profile

• November 9, 2013

Oh, thank you, Krista! All long weekends seem to get craftabulous, don’t they? I am a sucker for gold – I think that this Christmas is going to be gilded at our house! πŸ˜‰

12. November 9, 2013

Great ornaments Tara, they look really pricy. Might just use this idea myself!
    Virginia Fynes recently posted…DIY Christmas Tree Cones For Only 99¢!!My Profile

• November 9, 2013

Oh, thank you Virginia! I love it when things look a bit more expensive than they are! Let me know if you do this project – I’d love to hear how they turned out! πŸ™‚

13. November 9, 2013
    Amy of while wearing heels

What beautiful gold dipped ornaments. And, this is really a two for one craft…you also get a beautiful gold egg carton when you are done too πŸ™‚
    Amy of while wearing heels recently posted…Watercolor LeavesMy Profile

• November 9, 2013

Oh, thank you so much, Amy. And you’re so right – I now have a flashy little egg carton as well! πŸ˜‰

14. November 9, 2013
    Annabel

I love these! I snagged 6 baubles for $1 when they were throwing them out after christmas last year, and have been saving them for just the right kind of DIY! This looks perfect. Thanks for the inspiration πŸ™‚
    Annabel recently posted…A Winter’s Tale – Trisha AshleyMy Profile

• November 9, 2013

Six for a dollar?!??! Girl, you got a DEAL! If you try this out, please send me pictures or a link – I’d love to see them!

15. November 10, 2013
    KATHYSUE

Love gold dipped anything and these turned out great. I have written 3 blog post with color schemes, themes and sources. If you go to my blog at Goodlifeofdesign.blogspot.com you can see, Christmas Birds, Woodland Animals and Jingle Bell themes.
    I am just like you once my mind starts looking towards Christmas there is NO turning back.
    Let theβ™«β™ͺ Falalaing begin β™«β™ͺ

16. November 15, 2013

HAHAHAH, Tara is there anything YOU can’t make beautiful with spray paint? You’re AWESOME!
    Marilyn recently posted…Homemade Holiday Party 2013 – The Skinny!My Profile

• November 17, 2013

Nope. Spray paint is da bomb dot com. Love it. And I’m not done with it this season either!

17. December 2, 2013
    Bethany

These are so chic!
    Bethany recently posted…{#MyFavoriteBloggers Stocking Stuffer Giveaway}My Profile

• December 5, 2013

Thank you, Bethany! I really love how they turned out, too!

18. December 8, 2013
    jamie@kreyv

LOVE these! I’m including them on my fave DIY ornament round-up tomorrow. I’ll link back to this post! Thanks for the great idea!

Jamie
    jamie@kreyv recently posted…[kreyv of the day]My Profile

19. December 18, 2013
    katie

These are awesome and oh-so chic!
    katie recently posted…Healthy Home Resolutions ChecklistMy Profile

• December 18, 2013

Thank you, Katie! They’re my favourite Christmas project of this year!

20. December 19, 2013
    Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

I love the gold with the white…some times accidents work out so well. πŸ˜‰ So pretty.
    Dannyelle @ http://www.lifeisaparty.ca recently posted…Stocking Stuffers For $25My Profile

• December 19, 2013

You’re so right, Dannyelle! The happy accidents are the best ones! πŸ™‚

21. October 16, 2014
    Whitney

I can’t seem to find the porcelain ornaments anywhere in KS. Do you think the glass, shatterproof ornaments would work just as well?

• October 16, 2014

I think that glass might work – plastic, not so much. Make sure that the paint you buy says “glass” right on it. I know that some of Martha’s paints will stay on.