Adding A Bit Of Glam To The Office

Upcycled Office Organization - Suburble.com

Hi. My name is Tara. And I love all-things-metallic.

And you’re all “Duh, Tara…. could you maybe talk about pastels… or even plaid?”

No. I can’t. I’m a crow.

I like shiny things.

Acrylic Boxes -before - Suburble.com

We were visiting my parents’ place when my mom produced a box of plastic cubes. “Do you want these, Tara?”

It’s really a formality, this “asking Tara if she wants organizational things”. I always want the things. Especially if they reek of potential

Mr. Suburble tries to thwart my collection of could-be-upcycled paraphenalia. Thankfully, along with repurposing things, I’ve mastered the cunning art of “hiding things”.

Gold Foil Organizers - weeding text - Suburble.com

I was gifted some printable gold foil for my Silhouette Cameo this Christmas, and I had been itching to try it out. These cubes needed some flair.

And gold? Heck-to-the-yes. Put gold on ’em!

I cut out the word “write” for one box, and patterned sections for the other two. You can buy the patterns here: chevron and polka dot.

If you’ve not ever worked with the gold foil before, it’s a bit different from vinyl. You can weed it (as I’m showing in the picture above), but it acts more like a sticker than a vinyl. I didn’t have to use transfer paper, as the foil is stiff enough to retain its shape while being handled.

Acrylic Blocks turned Organizers - Suburble.com

And once they were glammed up with a bit of gold, the boxes had become showpieces for the desk!

Acrylic Blocks turned Organizers - Write - Suburble.com

Of course, pencils were a natural choice for the “write” block…

Acrylic Cubes turned Makeup Brush Organization - Suburble.com

But I thought that the two patterned blocks would also be fabulous additions to the vanity/bathroom shelf. Brushes do best when they’re stored upright to avoid damaging the bristles.

Upcycled Office Organization - Suburble.com

But for right now, this is how I’ll be using my trio of golden boxes – as a way of organizing that desktop (or junk drawer) clutter. I love how this upcycle is not only practical, but also pretty!

And if you don’t happen to stumble upon some plastic boxes, consider using mason jars, thrifted glassware, or vases.

A little gold goes a long way, don’t you think?

Are you a crow? Is gold your BFF?
Check out some of my other golden lovelies:

Mason Jars After Patina Activating Solution  - Suburble.com (1 of 1)

Metallic Mason Jars

DIY Cloche sidebar
Thrift Your Own Cloche

Gold Bubble Vase

Golden Bubble Vase

Artsy Jewellery Organizer

A Golden Jewelry Organizer

1. February 6, 2014
    Shauna

That gold foil stuff looks fun! I’m trying my best not to buy anything new until I use up the stuff I have (thrifted and otherwise) first! (No where to hide stuff…)
    Shauna recently posted…Bold Patterned Wallpaper- Would You Dare?My Profile

2. February 6, 2014
    Amy of while wearing heels

Oh la la. Such a great upcycle. So, are these being hidden away or proudly displayed. They better be proudly displayed. You’re bringing gold back, like Justin’s bringing sexy back 🙂
    Amy of while wearing heels recently posted…Valentine’s DecoratingMy Profile

3. February 7, 2014
    Inspire Me Heather

They turned out great, sooo much better with the gold!!
    Inspire Me Heather recently posted…how to – choose a ceiling colourMy Profile

4. February 8, 2014
    Bronwyn MayB

I heart that idea. Also, the new look is awesome! (I’ve been neglecting catching up on my reading lately!!)
    Bronwyn MayB recently posted…Review: Futuristic badass Sirantha Jax — Fiction FridayMy Profile

5. February 10, 2014
    Angie@Echoes of Laughter

Really pretty Tara! I am so inspired to add some gold to my little office space! Angie xo
    Angie@Echoes of Laughter recently posted…White Hot ChocolateMy Profile

6. February 27, 2014
    Katie Adams

I love these little containers. They are so pretty to look at and totally functional!
    Katie Adams recently posted…The New Cricut Explore Electronic CutterMy Profile

• March 1, 2014

Oh, thank you, Katie! I love adding a bit of fancy to things that could otherwise be chucked!

7. December 28, 2015
    Julie

Gold makes everything just a little bit better! This is such a versatile idea, so many things that could be made just a little better with a touch of gold!
    Julie recently posted…Popular Posts of 2015My Profile

8. December 29, 2015
    Kate

These are adorable! I love gold accents for the home and these would pair perfectly with almost any style!
    Kate | The Organized Dream

9. December 30, 2015
    Cara

So pretty! An easy and cute way to dress up office supplies. Thanks for sharing!

10. December 31, 2015
    ARTantana

Lovely idea! Wishing you a Blessed and Happy New year!
    ARTantana recently posted…Goals and Happy 2016My Profile

11. January 1, 2016
    Lisa @ Fun Money Mom

Wow…you are so creative! I love these and now think that I need to organize a little…LOL! Thanks so much for sharing at Share The Wealth Sunday!
    xoxo
    Lisa

• January 5, 2016

Awww… thanks, Lisa!

12. January 6, 2016
    Jennifer

I love these ideas! So pretty. I would love to have you post on my blog hop—the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home (www.myflagstaffhome.com). It begins on Thursday evenings and lasts through the weekend, if you’re interested.

Jennifer